Friday 3 February 2017

Oh The Perils of Real Life!

Hi!

Well just when things seemed to be going so well, the intrusion of Real Life has reared its dreaded and most unwelcome head.

I've had some stuff going on over the last month that has really blown my hobby mojo and soured all attempts at doing anything hobby related which has been a real downer, not to mention kick in the teeth.

Instead of wailing, gnashing my teeth and beating my chest in dismay, I have decided to go a bit old school and go back to something that will remind me of everything that I used to love in wargaming in the first place. With that in mind, I've decided to shelf my mythological project and gun for something a bit more fun.

Warhammer 40,000 2nd Edition

Yes! 2nd edition 40k was my first real entry into the wonderful world of wargaming and I want to relive some of that fun.

I could be all traditional and just limit myself to 2nd edition figures but I will be working to a budget for the foreseeable future so am going to set myself the challenge of collecting a 500 point force using whatever figures I can get hold of super cheap. I am yet to decide on what force I want to go for but I find myself rather excited by the prospect of just collecting and painting some miniatures.


With that in mind, I'm off to peruse my old codexes and loose myself in some classic 90s goodies!

Hopefully I'll have some sort of update in the next week or so!

5 comments:

  1. Life has that habit dont it?. Glad to see you getting your mojo back and i think going back to your roots so to speak is a great idea. If its not fun its not hobby time!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to rally there Richard. :) We had two guys playing 2nd Edition at Oldhammer Weekend here in the states last year and I have never heard such boisterous games. Good luck on the project. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments folks!

    Work seems to be veering wildly from brilliant to terrible at the moment so a bit of 40k escapism is much needed!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best choice you could pick, for sure. Looking forward to seeing what you do here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a worthy project! I too am considering in embarking on a new second edition project too! You have helped to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete