Friday 23 May 2014

The Art of Ian Miller

Hi!

Just back from work and thought I would share my find of the day!


I can't believe I didn't notice the book was released in mid April but snagged our stores copy as soon as I could and I must say its worth every penny!


Take a look at the pages I snapped at random:





The book is literally packed with Ians awesome and macabre artworks, many from some of those hallowed volumes of early Warhammer and Rogue Trader and I must admit I think its a far better publication than Ratspike. If you are a fan of the surreal and bizarre art of classic Citadel productions, I would highly recommend taking a punt on the book as it literally oozes class and literally every page is crammed with inspirational stuff for anyone with even a tiny bit of imagination.

Take a look at the space rats, weird titan and all the chaotic scenery and I guarantee it will spark an idea for a force, model, setting or piece of scenery and even scenario!

All the best!

2 comments:

  1. I've got Ratspike and it is pretty good. This looks liek it has much more artwork - is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good look through this in the bookshop last month & I must say that I wasn't overly impressed. Sure there was some great oldschool illustrations, but there was also quite a lot of rough sketches. I'd say about half the book was dissapointing.

      I'm a fan of Ian Millers work, but quite often I find these artwork compilation books to be a hotchpotch. A few great pieces intermixed with far too many mediocre roughs.

      Delete